perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Some PS 4.2 Beta feedback

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Some PS 4.2 Beta feedback

  • From: Phil Reese <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Some PS 4.2 Beta feedback
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 09:24:22 -0700

Hi,

Just assembled my home test mesh using all the beta versions.  It has 7 hosts and the central management system.  Four of the agents are Centos7 while the other three agents are Debian.

When I looked at my Dashboard I was surprised to find that only the Debian agents got the json work loads and were happily running tests.  For all 4 Centos agents, none had the json downloaded and /var/log/message file has tons of restarts of the pscheduler-* processes (interestingly the servicewatcher.log file has no tracking of these many restarts).

I ran 'pscheduler troubleshoot' on all the four host and all came back with the same results:

[root@asus1 rc.d]# pscheduler troubleshoot
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/libexec/pscheduler/commands/troubleshoot", line 17, in <module>
    import pscheduler
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pscheduler/__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
    from .enummatcher import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pscheduler/enummatcher.py", line 6, in <module>
    from jsonval import json_validate
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pscheduler/jsonval.py", line 7, in <module>
    import jsonschema
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jsonschema/__init__.py", line 32, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import get_distribution
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

Looks like 'pkg_resources' is lost in this beta version.

Hope this is the right way to submit beta feedback.

Phil

PS- all were PXE booted to a minimal, updated Centos image, and these were added:
yum install -y perfsonar-testpoint perfsonar-toolkit-security perfsonar-toolkit-servicewatcher perfsonar-toolkit-systemenv-testpoint