perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] TWAMP support

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] TWAMP support

  • From: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • To: Lau Heng Boon <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] TWAMP support
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 13:49:56 +0000

Hi Boon,

TWAMP tests are supported by perfSONAR since 4.1. When you do a latency measurement you can choose to use twping as the tool instead of the default owping by running the command as follows:

pscheduler task --tool twping latency --dest some.ps.host

In the same fashion twping is also available as an option when defining a pSconfig template, for example:

        "TWAMP measurements": {
            "group": "TWAMP measurements",
            "schedule": "sched-5",
            "test": "TWAMP measurements",
            "tools": [
                "twping"
            ]
        },

But it's true that not all OWAMP features are available as TWAMP features.  We don't have TWAMP streaming tests like we have with powstream under OWAMP, that means that latencybg tests cannot run with TWAMP.  Also TWAMP tool cannot be selected as a tool through the toolkit web UI.  And we don't support the TWAMP light implementation at this time.

We have these requests logged as GitHub issues and we welcome any PR about it though if you feel so inclined.  See:

Kind regards,

Antoine.

ps: Better create a new email thread when asking for a completely different question than the previous one.