perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] remote server does not open up p5201: iperf3 Connection refused

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] remote server does not open up p5201: iperf3 Connection refused

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Xiao Wang <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] remote server does not open up p5201: iperf3 Connection refused
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 20:16:57 +0000

Xiao Wang writes:

Sorry I meant manually running server on p5201. Firewall is out of
equation because disabling firewall ddi not change anything.

Anything particular worth a dig on the host configuration? thanks!

Normally, I'd point you at the "pscheduler troubleshoot" command, but I've
just discovered that it has a problem handling some cases where there's an
alternate port involved. (This will be fixed before 4.2 is released.) The
rest of this will include some workarounds that don't bump into the bug.

First, log into one system and prove that pScheduler is working on the local
system: "pscheduler troubleshoot"

Then prove that it's working on the other system: "pscheduler troubleshot
--host otherhost:port"

If both of those steps are successful, the clocks on the machines are
probably out of sync and one of them is starting the iperf3 server at the
wrong time. You can check this out by doing a troubleshoot that doesn't run
tasks (which is where the bug is) but does check the: "pscheduler
troubleshoot --quick otherhost:port"

Drop me a line off list if you're still having problems and we can jump on
Zoom and have a look at it.

--Mark