perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] remote server does not open up p5201: iperf3 Connection refused

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] remote server does not open up p5201: iperf3 Connection refused

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] remote server does not open up p5201: iperf3 Connection refused
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 17:37:03 +0000

writes:

I can run traceroute
against other systems but not throughput and latency.(details posted
below) I
can reproduce this issue if I test the other way around. Network and
firewall
is proved not the issue.
Note: for throughput test, it will run successfully if we manually open up
port 5201 on the remote server.

Trace runs without the cooperation of services on the remote system.
Throughput requires port 5201 on the remote system to be reachable to reach
the server side of iperf3. Having those measurements start working with you
open the port manually means the firewall is misconfigured.

Barring someone or something making changes, systems installed as toolkits
and having the perfsonar-toolkit-security package installed should have
properly-configured firewalls. Systems built using other means need to have
their firewalls configured according to the table on this page:
https://docs.perfsonar.net/manage_security.html.

--Mark