perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar inverse lookup use cases

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar inverse lookup use cases

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar inverse lookup use cases
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 19:22:41 +0200

Hi,

perfSONAR does not have a requirement of a reverse DNS lookup, but the lookup service registration client will try one. It will still register if the reverse lookup fails (see the long list of IP addresses with no hostname in the servicesDirectory). There should be no hard requirements anywhere else and if you are seeing issues it is likely some other cause.