perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR nodes are down due to Memory utilization issue

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR nodes are down due to Memory utilization issue

  • From: Valentin Vidic <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR nodes are down due to Memory utilization issue
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 16:38:22 +0200

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 02:24:31PM +0000, Muhammad Tayyab wrote:
> This is a Supermicro server and it has physical HD. Please find the
> attached outputs; FYI
>
> How we can normalize the HD utilization?

From what I can see the run, task and archiving tables are quite big
and they are probably causing all this disk IO. You can try cleaning
them up to fix the problem, but maybe it would be good to see why this
happened in the first place. If you want to post your mesh config we
can check if there are any problems there causing so many runs.

--
Valentin Vidic
Computer Systems Engineer - Expert