perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Debian ARM testpoint and pscheduler

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Debian ARM testpoint and pscheduler

  • From: Alan Whinery <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Debian ARM testpoint and pscheduler
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 15:41:32 -1000

 So, interleaved with other duties, I got a fresh Deb 9.5 image and ran the testpoint install on it today to look at Ivan's question about install errors.

I did get an install error when the install was almost at completion. I don't think that I had this before, I think I would have noticed.  There were no other errors or warnings than what is shown below.

Processing triggers for pscheduler-server (1.1.6-1) ...
WARNING:  Test "idleex" failed to enumerate: Process took too long to run.
WARNING:  Test "idlebgm" failed to enumerate: Process took too long to run.
WARNING:  Test "clock" failed to enumerate: Process took too long to run.
WARNING:  Test "trace" failed to enumerate: OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pscheduler/program.py", line 262, in run_program
    process = __get_process(argv, new_env, attempts)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pscheduler/program.py", line 254, in __get_process
    raise ex
OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory