perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Debian ARM testpoint and pscheduler

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Debian ARM testpoint and pscheduler

  • From: Alan Whinery <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Debian ARM testpoint and pscheduler
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 11:56:59 -1000

and -- currently limits.conf is a copy of the "identifier-always" example, just to simplify the limits question,

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 10:06 AM Alan Whinery <> wrote:
After installing per

on BeagleBone Black, pscheduler did not, in general, function. Typical response when asking for apparently-any task is:

>localhost: Process took too long to run.

After copying pscheduler auth rules from a working toolkit to /etc/postgresql/9.6/main/pg_hba.conf and also copying the limits file from a CentOS toolkit, I am able to run tests to the Beaglebone from a remote pscheduler host, but still unable to intitate tests from the Beaglebone itself.

[sidebar: how does one check the installed version of pscheduler?]

'troubleshoot' gets:

>root@beaglebone:/etc/pscheduler/tool/iperf3# pscheduler troubleshoot
>Performing basic troubleshooting of localhost.
>
>Checking for pScheduler on localhost... OK.
>Idle test on localhost... Failed.
>  Unable to post task: Unable to determine participants: Process took too long to run.

Does anyone recognize a symptom, or know of a shortcoming that prevents the pscheduler command line from working here?

Beaglebone Black Debian 9:
Linux beaglebone 4.9.78-ti-r94 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jan 26 21:26:24 UTC 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

root@beaglebone:/etc/pscheduler/tool/iperf3# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 995.32
Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls vfpd32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x3
CPU part        : 0xc08
CPU revision    : 2

Hardware        : Generic AM33XX (Flattened Device Tree)
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000