perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR-repo-0.8-1.noarch.rpm or perfSONAR-repo-0.9-1.noarch.rpm?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR-repo-0.8-1.noarch.rpm or perfSONAR-repo-0.9-1.noarch.rpm?

  • From: Hervey Allen <>
  • To: Andrew Lake <>, perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR-repo-0.8-1.noarch.rpm or perfSONAR-repo-0.9-1.noarch.rpm?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 09:59:30 -0700

On 3/19/19 7:45 AM, Andrew Lake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hmmm so you are correct there is a newer one, but it shouldn’t actually
> matter since they both point at the same place. I just tried installing
> the 0.8 version of perfSONAR-repo and got the 4.1.6 packages. I also
> went through the mirrors and didn’t see any that appeared out of date.
> My initial instinct was that maybe you were somehow pointing at the EL6
> repo since that doesn’t have 4.1.X packages, but your packages have .el7
> in the names, so I doubt that is it. This one has me scratching my head.
> Any chance you are running yum priorities and/or pointing at another
> repo somewhere that has a copy of the old packages?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

Hi Andy - Yes, I believe that is how we ended up with the 4.0.x packages
using the 0.8-1 rpm vs. 0.9-1. We were pointing at an older copy of the
repo to start. I don't have the equipment available any more as it was
part of a workshop we taught this past weekend.

For the workshop we changed our default repository from our local copy
to the internet2.edu repo and we used the 0.8-1 rpm when installing the
perfsonar-centralmanagement and we got the 4.1 components.

Thanks for looking in to this and sorry to add head-scratching to your day.

Cheers,
- Hervey