perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Graphs for ping tests not showing latency on 1-day/3-day graphs

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Graphs for ping tests not showing latency on 1-day/3-day graphs

  • From: Michael Johnson <>
  • To: Jon Clausen <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Graphs for ping tests not showing latency on 1-day/3-day graphs
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 09:52:01 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi Jon,

Generally speaking, you're right that for "display related" things, it doesn't make
much difference what is installed on the end hosts. However, what is "display related"
is not always obvious.

pscheduler-archiver-esmond is responsible for taking results from pscheduler
and inserting them into Esmond. It is also responsible for telling Esmond
what summaries to create. Whether the correct summaries exist or not will
obviously affect the ability to display those values, so it's unavoidable
that there will be impact.

For the most part, when we add new features/bugfixes to the graphs, they
won't be affected by what's running on the testpoints, except when there are
changes needed to how the data is stored, or having the archiver add new
fields, or summaries, etc.

The graphs try to let things fall back gracefully when certain things are
missing, but there are practical limits to this.

- Michael