perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Packet Retransmission on Centos 7

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Packet Retransmission on Centos 7

  • From: Tao Zhang <>
  • To: "Garnizov, Ivan (RRZE)" <>, Michael Johnson <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Packet Retransmission on Centos 7
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 20:11:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi All,

I understand pS is a measurement framework, not a measurement tool.  We have tried many test scenarios (different types of servers, different system parameter settings, different 10G NIC cards) trying to figure out why perfSONAR (iperf3) throughput tests have these TCP retransmissions on Centos 7.

Does anyone who is running perfSONAR on Centos 7 and not having these TCP retransmissions?

Thanks

Tao