perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Minimum packages needed for ad-hoc throughput testing

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Minimum packages needed for ad-hoc throughput testing

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Jeff White <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Minimum packages needed for ad-hoc throughput testing
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 23:26:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

Jeff White writes:

With PS 4.0 and pscheduler, is there a way to run a throughout test
without installing Perfsonar's whole stack including a Web server?

At the moment, no. I have some ideas how we could do that in a limited
fashion, but actually doing it requires some development that’s not in the
plans (yet).

Essentially what I am looking for is a way to run a throughput test from
any CentOS 7 system in my cluster and not just my Perfsonar node. I'm
fine with installing whatever packages are needed, but trying to avoid
httpd and other daemons which I then have to disable.

If Docker is an option, we have a couple of containers in development that
might get the job done in a way that might work for you. Brian Tierney is
working on one that does the entire test point. If you’d like to beta test
it, it’s on DockerHub, drop me a note off-list and we can get you started
with it. I have one that’s pScheduler-only, which is the bare minimum you
need to run tests, but I’d recommend using the test point container, as
that’s what will probably become the officially-supported version.

--Mark