perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar and saltstack

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar and saltstack

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan (RRZE)" <>
  • To: Jeff White <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar and saltstack
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 09:05:50 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, de-DE, en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi guys,

GEANT Operations do maintain their deployment through Puppet automation. Unfortunately it is impossible (unusable) to share. The implementation is based on multiple modules, which interoperate and depend on each other. The main idea is that there is a Linux OS automation and on top live the perfSONAR modules, which manage the specific configuration. Thus a common security management is achieved and the effort is distributed over different teams.

" deploying a CentOS box (with a minion on it) using whatever methods you may already have and install Perfsonar packages from there.  I assume this installation method is still available in the new Perfsonar "
perfSONAR development team will continue to support the package based perfSONAR deployments. Generally the benefit here is that you will be able to preserve the current measurement results and configuration and will not need to reinstall/reconfigure from scratch.

perfSONAR development team also has a Puppet management example here: https://github.com/perfsonar/central-management

Regards,
Ivan Garnizov

GEANT SA1T2: pS deployments GN Operations
GEANT SA2T3: pS development team
GEANT SA3T5: eduPERT team