perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar and saltstack

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar and saltstack

  • From: Jeff White <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar and saltstack
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 10:58:16 -0800
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

+1 for SaltStack (a similar question with Puppet was posted yesterday)

I haven't see anything with Perfsonar and SaltStack but one approach would be not using the ISO but deploying a CentOS box (with a minion on it) using whatever methods you may already have and install Perfsonar packages from there. I assume this installation method is still available in the new Perfsonar but I haven't looked.

Otherwise it sounds like you'd be doing the same thing I'll likely do: build a Perfsonar box by hand and throw a minion on it. You might leverage salt-ssh or something of the sort to add a minion automatically after deploying the box but it may be more trouble than it is worth unless you plan on having lots of nodes or spinning them up often.

--
Jeff White
HPC Systems Engineer