perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Support for armv8 / ODroid C2 testpoint?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Support for armv8 / ODroid C2 testpoint?

  • From: Peter Lambrechtsen <>
  • To: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Support for armv8 / ODroid C2 testpoint?
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 05:53:06 +1300
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:jsiAfRSlFNCW+3WDCGZJRkYLqdpsv+yvbD5Q0YIujvd0So/mwa64bBaN2/xhgRfzUJnB7Loc0qyN4vqmBjdLsMfJmUtBWaQEbwUCh8QSkl5oK+++Imq/EsTXaTcnFt9JTl5v8iLzG0FUHMHjew+a+SXqvnYsExnyfTB4Ov7yUtaLyZ/mjabtoNaCMk1hv3mUWftKNhK4rAHc5IE9oLBJDeIP8CbPuWZCYO9MxGlldhq5lhf44dqsrtY4q3wD89pozcNLUL37cqIkVvQYSW1+ayFmrPHs4DDFUQyO4HZUfmgSjBNVE0CR5RfmWZb3v232u+5j0TSKFcj/S/YsXiak5qEtUBu+2wkdMDtsyGzLh9Y4qKteqgisrBxj2IPSKNWNOeZzZIvWZ8ICWSxHTJACBGR6HoqgYt5XXKI6NuFCoty4/gNWoA==

On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 1:13 AM, Antoine Delvaux <> wrote:

> Le 28 oct. 2016 à 05:09, Peter Lambrechtsen <> a écrit :
>
> The ODroid C2 is a aarch64 so would need the arm64 debs.
>
> More than happy to test and I will pull down a copy of the 4.0 release.

Great!

> The odroids are surprisingly peppy boxes for a raspberry pi sized box. With the eMMC in there they boot in just under 4 seconds and with 2GB of ram there is plenty of space to play with.

Interesting device.

> Going with jessie debian release with the 4.0 repo it's failing with missing dependancies.

Yes, we had some dependencies missing for arm64.  I think I've now rebuild all that's needed.

Excellent, just did an update and perfsonar-testpoint successfully installed.

Let me know if it goes better or not.

Antoine.

It seems the isolinux/isolinux.cfg is a zero byte file so it won't boot. Was going to hack the isolinux.cfg from the netboot image as that is functional but it was just easier to netboot and do the full install that way.