perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR data migration question

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] perfSONAR data migration question

  • From: Kathy Benninger <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR data migration question
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 18:39:08 -0400
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 mailer2.psc.edu u9PMdDB6001327
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:fQAerhASZix3JE2Odek9UyQJP3N1i/DPJgcQr6AfoPdwSP3zoMbcNUDSrc9gkEXOFd2Crakb26yL6Ou5BCQp2tWojjMrSNR0TRgLiMEbzUQLIfWuLgnFFsPsdDEwB89YVVVorDmROElRH9viNRWJ+iXhpW1aJhKqLQdvKP/yHIfIytms2vr6r4XeeQtTgzy0e/ZvNxishQTXqsQMh4Z+cOA8xgaf8VVSfOED5mp0JUPbtRv64Ma285N5u3BatvQn9shPXL/SZ78zC7FUEWJ1YCgO+MT3uEybHkO07XwGXzBOnw==

I would like to update management of the XSEDEnet perfSONARs and want to understand the implications for the accumulated test data.

The pSs were set up with manually configured testing several years ago. I would like to move to configuration via a central meshconfig file. How will test results show up after that change? Will all the old tests/graphing be immediately replaced by the newly collected data? Can pre-mesh and post-mesh results somehow merge and have some continuity?

I have a related question on what will happen to old/new data if I separate throughput/latency on 10G/1G.

Historical results have been useful and I'd like to preserve that resource if possible.

Thanks!

Kathy Benninger
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center