perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 4.0 RC1 CentOS 7 testing thread

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 4.0 RC1 CentOS 7 testing thread

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To: Mark Feit <>
  • Cc: "Garnizov, Ivan (RRZE)" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 4.0 RC1 CentOS 7 testing thread
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 09:28:32 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:BeVqkx9TU6XPff9uRHKM819IXTAuvvDOBiVQ1KB90eocTK2v8tzYMVDF4r011RmSAtWdtqkP0reempujcFJDyK7JiGoFfp1IWk1NouQttCtkPvS4D1bmJuXhdS0wEZcKflZk+3amLRodQ56mNBX660e/5j8KGxj5KRE9ZqGsQtaT3IyL0LWX8ofQKytFhSb1NbZ8IRSqhQTXqsQMh4Z+cOA8xgaf8UFFY+BH+WQ9cVWMkhDnzsGh55N59SlM/fU7+JgTf7/9evESTLhcRBM5PmYurJnsqhTFViOJ92ARSGMbjlxPGQeTv0KyZYv4riav7rk14yKdJ8CjCOlsATk=
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 01:19:16PM +0000, Mark Feit wrote:
> Bill Owens writes:
> >
> > It's whatever is currently in the 4.0RC repo. The command itself doesn't
> > seem to have a version flag so I'm not sure how to get that.
> >
> >BTW, I did run 'pscheduler diags' and it filled a file with error logs, as
> >well as throwing this:
> >
> >[owens@bss532 ~]$ sudo /usr/bin/pscheduler diags
> >>pscheduler.diags.20161012.txt
> >Server returned status 500: column "task_cli" does not exist
> >LINE 10: task_cli
> > ^
> >
> >It's really not happy about task_cli! ;)
>
> That sounds to me like you’re running the unstable daily build or a hybrid
> of that and what was in RC1. None of that was added until after RC1 was
> released.
>
> --Mark

I followed the instructions to install 4.0RC1 because I was having
performance issues on my hardware (installing pS on my boxes caused an
enormous drop in their bandwidth testing performance) and I was hoping that
CentOS 7 would help. All I've done since then is run "yum update" a couple of
times, in the hopes that whatever was broken and preventing my machine from
running tests would be fixed by one of the updates. Here's what shows up on
my box for perfsonar-toolkit:

Installed Packages
Name : perfsonar-toolkit
Arch : noarch