perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 4.0 RC1 CentOS 7 testing thread

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 4.0 RC1 CentOS 7 testing thread

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 4.0 RC1 CentOS 7 testing thread
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 11:05:57 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:0ZVn5hUi6u24PpNfwLQ9nGJQA4nV8LGtZVwlr6E/grcLSJyIuqrYZR2At8tkgFKBZ4jH8fUM07OQ6P+wHzFbqs/c+Fk5M7VyFDY9wf0MmAIhBMPXQWbaF9XNKxIAIcJZSVV+9Gu6O0UGUOz3ZlnVv2HgpWVKQka3ZkJJIbGhAoPIgd+w0emovoDIbh9ghTyhbKl0IQns6wjdq59Fu4Z6LrcNzU6dpWRFff9+w3JzKEiVkgq64d2/qs1N6SNV7tgg88oIdrr3eb9wGbtHATI9G2Yk/8DxsxTfCwyV6S1PAS0tjhNUDl2dv1nBVZDrv36iuw==
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 04:26:48PM +0000, John Simpkins wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm writing to start a conversation about experiences with 4.0 RC1 on
> CentOS 7 so far. For context, I just got my first 4.0 host running
> perfsonar-toolkit on a VM using CentOS 7 minimal. Here are the things I
> found in the course of installation:
> 1. selinux set to permissive only requires modification of the conf file,
> the echo command fails

Saw that too (not sure whether the echo command should work, but /selinux
doesn't exist).

> 2. iptables does not allow new http or https connections with the default
> ruleset following toolkit installation

I haven't seen that, but I will note that the instructions are wrong for
running /usr/lib/perfsonar/scripts/configure_firewall, since you need to have
'install' as the command in order for it to do anything. With that added, it
works correctly.

I've now run into an inability to create a web admin user because the psadmin
group doesn't exist. I'm tempted to create it manually but I feel like
something must have gone wrong earlier and I don't want to bypass that if
there's a step that I missed.

Bill.