perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] OWAMP on a Pi 3

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] OWAMP on a Pi 3

  • From: Chris Knudsen <>
  • To: Gene Gerhiser <>
  • Cc: Steven Wallace <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] OWAMP on a Pi 3
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 06:59:14 -0700
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:WM4TthTyxM/64PYDhtzWP/4oAtpsv+yvbD5Q0YIujvd0So/mwa67bRyN2/xhgRfzUJnB7Loc0qyN7PCmBDdLuMvJmUtBWaIPfidNsd8RkQ0kDZzNImzAB9muURYHGt9fXkRu5XCxPBsdMs//Y1rPvi/6tmZKSV3XfDB4LeXtG4PUk9//l6Xro8WSME10g2+SbLV/ZDq7twXQrcQMyd9tJ7wxywDEuFNHfu1XwSVjIlfFzDjm4cLl15558j8YmPQ8+9VNV+2udKg7S6FUFzkgG3E85Mrs8xLESF3ctTMnTmwKn08QUED+5xbgU8K063Oiuw==

I have done this on PI2s, each with it’s own adafruit GPS hat and configured as a stratum 1 NTP server, so each has sub msec accuracy.  My use case is testing and development of control applications that are latency sensitive over distributed wireless networks.  It is fairly straight forward to set up and it works great.  I did need to use the PI2s as the PI3s changed the way the UART clock works such that it is not stable and therefore the serial GPS connection does not work properly.

OS was ubuntu mate

-cdk