perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Test results not being graphed

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Test results not being graphed

  • From: Daniel Doyle <>
  • To: Daniel Manzo <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Test results not being graphed
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 09:52:36 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:GYF1XB0ofZegq/ctsmDT+DRfVm0co7zxezQtwd8ZsegWKPad9pjvdHbS+e9qxAeQG96Eu7QZ0KGP7ujJYi8p39WoiDg6aptCVhsI2409vjcLJ4q7M3D9N+PgdCcgHc5PBxdP9nC/NlVJSo6lPwWB6lX71zMZGw3+OAxpPay1X9eK14Xkn9y1rrHaZQRFgHKYaLVgK13ioQzXt8QSx45rLLQ24hHAs3ZSPe9RwDU7C0iUmkPQ78Gx8Zor3yNBv/9po8JJVan9bqA1ZbNCCjMtdWEoosDnqE+QHkO0+nIAXzBOwVJzCA/f4US/B8+pvw==

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the troubles. A few general debugging questions -

1 - when you run it off the command line, are you running it with the same parameters as when the regular test runs it? You may run it successfully with the defaults but it may be hitting a limit with a specific duration, bandwidth, etc option. If so there may be “errors” when you view the test results in the webpage, red dots along the top.

2 - do the contents of your /etc/perfsonar/regulartesting.conf look correct, ie do you see the test you expect? Is this host part of a mesh that is generating the regulartesting.conf?

3 - is regular testing and bwctld running? a `ps aux | grep Regular` should show you a few things running. If not, are you able to start it via `service perfsonar-regulartesting restart`?

Dan Doyle
GlobalNOC Software Developer
1-812-856-3892