perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] PerfSonar Toolkit - Bandwidth tests on 2 sites are reporting incorrect speeds

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] PerfSonar Toolkit - Bandwidth tests on 2 sites are reporting incorrect speeds

  • From: "m0nk3ys are dangerous ???" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] PerfSonar Toolkit - Bandwidth tests on 2 sites are reporting incorrect speeds
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 14:29:58 +0200

Hi,

I've got a toolkit setup with a mesh configuration to keep an eye on the network performance of our worldwide WAN.
Inline image 1
Most of the test are running as they should and reporting the correct values.
Although two of my sites are reporting over the 100mbps speeds, while the local links are 100mbps.
Site1:
Inline image 2
Inline image 3

Site2
Inline image 4
|Inline image 5

As you can see they are reporting over the 100mbps for these sites which isn't correct.
These are all European sites, going to my HQ toolkit server. But the rest of the 15 sites connected to the same server are working fine.
When I run a manual iPerf test the bandwidth values are within the correct values so there must be something wrong with the config of these two toolkits.

If anyone has an idea where I should start looking or what to do, it would be appreciated!

Thanks

  • [perfsonar-user] PerfSonar Toolkit - Bandwidth tests on 2 sites are reporting incorrect speeds, m0nk3ys are dangerous ???, 07/30/2016