perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Trick to setting up UDP throughput tests

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Trick to setting up UDP throughput tests

  • From: Chris Magnuson <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Trick to setting up UDP throughput tests
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 13:04:31 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Perfsonar-User,

I have setup perfsonar a couple of times and currently have three perfsonar nodes in our environment.

I have tried to setup a UDP throughput test a number of times and each time I end up going back to setting up a TCP throughput test as the UDP throughput test doesn’t run or log results.

This has happened across multiple perfsonar setups a year plus apart from each other and I suspect I am just doing something wrong or missing a requirement to make this work that I didn’t notice.

I currently have the following UDP test configured on one of my nodes:

Here are the other tests I have configured:

If setup a TCP throughput test between the same nodes it works fine.

Any ideas as to why the UDP throughput test doesn’t run or doesn’t seem to log results that show up when I click the details link under test results?

Thanks,

Chris Magnuson

Technical Services Manager

d: 941.441.4491

Tervis_Color_Logo_URL

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: At Tervis we make great drinkware that helps people celebrate great moments. Sometimes we also make mistakes and send emails to the wrong address. If you received this in error, please don’t read or pass it on, as it may contain confidential and/or privileged information and is intended only for the recipient(s) to which it is addressed. Any other use is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender so that we may correct our internal records and then delete the original message. Thanks.