perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Is there a way to configure regular test through CLI

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Is there a way to configure regular test through CLI

  • From: <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Is there a way to configure regular test through CLI
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 02:28:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All:

I installed a perfSONAR toolkit at my VM and through web-interface I can
schedule/configure regular
test from my localhost to other perfSONAR hosts. At the same time, I can use
REST api or python
client library in my VM to retrieve/query raw data for the tests I configured.

Now, I am wondering if there is a way in the reverse, i.e. to configure the
same regular test from CLI
(maybe plus getting the test shown in web-interface)? In this way, I can write
script to automatically
schedule test and process the raw data as the way I want, all through CLI.

I tried running measurement tools directly (like bwctl or owamp) in CLI, but
those tests seem
very short duration, and I do not know where to retrieve the raw data if there
exists.

Thanks in advance.

--Hao