perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar installation trouble shooting

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar installation trouble shooting

  • From: Michael Johnson <>
  • To: "Yao,Rong" <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "Adams,Andrew M" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar installation trouble shooting
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 21:10:13 -0400

Hi Rong,

The owampd and bwctld services were renamed in the latest perfSONAR version
to owamp-server and bwctl-server respectively. Also, ls_registration_daemon
is now perfsonar-lsregistrationdaemon. You will also want to start
perfsonar-regulartesting and cassandra (this is esmond, the measurement
archive). That should be all the services you need to start.

You don't need the central management bundle to do basic testing, only if you
wish to run a mesh.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Michael