perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] CentOS 7 support

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] CentOS 7 support

  • From: James Harrison <>
  • To: , Andrew Lake <>
  • Cc: "<>" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] CentOS 7 support
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:03:51 +0100

On 28/04/2016 20:01, Brian Tierney wrote:

> One option to consider is to install CentOS7 (or even Debian 8) on the
> hosts, and then run perfSONAR in a CentOS6 LXC container.
>
> I dont know of anyone yet doing this, but it should work fine.
>
> (I do run bwctl/iperf3 in LXC containers a lot, and the performance is
> the same)

Funnily enough I was having this thought. I might have a play with
installing the toolkit in Docker. I think for 1G and using the Linux
bridge networking option it should be able to achieve line rate without
issue. Some elements of the toolkit (Cassandra for the MA, etc) I can
run natively on 7 but others will need to be in 6.

Will report back if I get it working (and will share the Dockerfiles)!
Might be useful in future in any case.

--
Cheers,
James Harrison