perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] RPM libraries for the system upgrade???

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] RPM libraries for the system upgrade???

  • From: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • To: Greg Clarkson <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] RPM libraries for the system upgrade???
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 19:09:02 +0000

Hello Greg,

The process you detail below has been given in a specific situation where a
user was trying to install a standalone esmond package. That is not the
regular update process for a perfSONAR toolkit.

In order to better advise you with upgrade instructions, we need to know
which version of the perfSONAR toolkit you currently have installed. It
would also be interesting to know how many perfSONAR nodes you need to
upgrade and if the perfSONAR toolkits you are running have valuable
measurement history that you want to keep or if it is an old and outdated
installation that is not in service anymore that you want to revive.

Thank you,

-- --
Antoine Delvaux Systems Engineer
Poznań Supercomputing & Network Center Skype: toninb
GÉANT project Tel: +221.703368313
http://www.geant.net XMPP:

PGP fingerprint: DC65 0D8B 6938 9229 33C3 18CA 4EB6 09D3 A333 3378