perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] RPM libraries for the system upgrade???

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] RPM libraries for the system upgrade???

  • From: Greg Clarkson <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] RPM libraries for the system upgrade???
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 14:54:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Hello

I am in the process of bringing PerSonar tool kit up to date.

I was reading current email to bring myself up to date and read

this:

t looks like these installation instructions are a bit outdated indeed.  The first thing I would try to correct is using the latest Internet2 repository setup coming from this RPM: http://downloads.perfsonar.net/redhat/main/rpms/el6/i386/main/RPMS/Internet2-repo-0.6-1.noarch.rpm

After installing it, you’ll probably receive some more RPM updates from yum.  Hopefully that should solve your issues.  esmond is known to be running on CentOS 6.7 as it is what we use for the perfSONAR toolkit.

The simplest installation path should be:

  1. Install a clean CentOS 6.7
  2. Install the latest EPEL repo configuration from http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/repoview/epel-release.html
  3. Install the latest I2 repo configuration from http://downloads.perfsonar.net/redhat/main/rpms/el6/i386/main/RPMS/Internet2-repo-0.6-1.noarch.rpm
  4. Install esmond with a regular `yum install esmond`

Do I need to update the RPM links for the current upgrade.

I down loaded the file from the I2  web page “Internet2-repo-0.6-1.noarch.rpm”

and these are the same RPM’s currently setup for yum on my system.

Are these obsolete?

What is the process to install new RPM links?

Thank you

Greg Clarkson

image001