perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Anyone with LIVA X2 experience?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Anyone with LIVA X2 experience?

  • From: Hyojoon Kim <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Anyone with LIVA X2 experience?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 15:42:36 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi all,

Our experience with LIVA X as a perfSONAR measurement node was good, so we
are looking into purchasing more. However, now we see there is a newer model,
LIVA X2.

Does anyone have experience with this new model as a low-cost perfSONAR
measurement node? (both 2GB Memory, 32 GB storage model). I just want to make
sure I don’t run into unexpected traps and pitfalls before I make the
purchase, and also make sure the performance will be comparable to the LIVA X
(or even better..? especially BW tests)

Any comments will be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Joon

P.S.: Some useful links to save people’s time on Googling:

* LIVA X Spec:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_LIVA_SPEC.aspx?DetailID=1593&LanID=0

* LIVA X2 Spec:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_LIVA_SPEC.aspx?DetailID=1626&LanID=0

* LIVA X CPU: Intel N2808 (checked directly on a box we have)
http://ark.intel.com/products/82102/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N2808-1M-Cache-up-to-2_25-GHz

* LIVA X2 CPU: Intel N3050 (I think..? based on spec sheet)
http://ark.intel.com/products/87257/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N3050-2M-Cache-up-to-2_16-GHz