perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Deploying perfsonar on Rasperry(Raspbian) - wont start

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Deploying perfsonar on Rasperry(Raspbian) - wont start

  • From: Tammo Oolup <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Deploying perfsonar on Rasperry(Raspbian) - wont start
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 14:25:20 +0200

Hello,

I used this guide: http://docs.perfsonar.net/install_debian

I instaled packages: perfsonar-tools, perfsonar-testpoint

perfsonar-testpoint should install ls-registration daemon.

But when I try to start it up by running command: /etc/init.d/lsregistrationdaemon start
then i get to know that there is no such thing... (all other services are OK)

Then there is a file /etc/perfsonar/lsregistrationdaemon.conf
When I opened this file, there wasnt lines like there is on this guide:
##Hostname or IP address others can use
to access your service
#external_address   myhost.mydomain.example

##Primary interface on host
#external_address_if_name eth0

So i just added lines, to get to the web interface and test if it works and tests:
external_address
localhost
external_address_if_name lo

Then I restarded my Raspberry, started all services (still get an error on  /etc/init.d/lsregistrationdaemon start)
and when trying to access to web interface by going to http://127.0.0.1 it says no access
and when looking what ports are listened with netstat there is no port 80

Could you please help me? Because im out of ideas.
Many thanks,
Tammo.