perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] RE: regular_testing esmond error events

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] RE: regular_testing esmond error events

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan (RRZE)" <>
  • To: Andrew Lake <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] RE: regular_testing esmond error events
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 17:56:49 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, de-DE, en-US

Hi Andy,

Could you please clarify then when does the regular_testing service give up on its attempts to store the collected measurements?

Is that a configurable parameter?

Is there an event that indicates the service has trashed some results without having them stored?

I also receive a lot of messages from regular_testing about having found duplicated series. Should I expect that these are automatically dumped on the client side?

Is the service intelligent enough to know which Esmond MA has the records and which not? Or is it retrying the data submission on a general basis?

These are all important in order to be able to establish a proper monitoring mechanism for GEANT!

Best regards,

Ivan