perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] Running perfSONAR server on Ubuntu

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] Running perfSONAR server on Ubuntu

  • From: "Rittenhouse, Robert (LACA)" <>
  • To: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] Running perfSONAR server on Ubuntu
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 20:08:32 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Antoine,

Thank you for the very detailed response. When you mention the mesh structure
and multiple test points, are you referring to the CPE devices that would be
tested to or the servers that would be initiating tests against test points?

We basically need an automated test tool for testing our circuits between us
and our schools at (at least) certain times of day. Were set up as a
hub-and-spoke with our customer school districts and we only need to test
from our testing server here to the CPE device that we have deployed.

I'll read more into the Mesh setup and see if that'll work for us. If we
would (for some reason) resort to using the Centos packaged distro (I do
realize that its discouraged) how many test points (generally) would be
supported in a setup like that. I do realize that there are TONS of variables
to that question but is there a rule-of-thumb?

Thank you!

Robert Rittenhouse
Network Coordinator
Licking Area Computer Association (LACA)
(740) 345-3400 ext. 220