perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Bandwidth measurement with LIVA X 2GB/32GB eMMC

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Bandwidth measurement with LIVA X 2GB/32GB eMMC

  • From: Hyojoon Kim <>
  • To: "Uhl, George D. (GSFC-423.0)[SGT INC]" <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "" <>, Daniel Doyle <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Bandwidth measurement with LIVA X 2GB/32GB eMMC
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 19:00:54 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments!

To answer some:
* I did remove the "ondemand option" as I saw that note somewhere too before
I ran the test. I’m sure it did something but I still get around 550Mbps
bwctl.
* I did the Linux Tuning *after* I got 550Mbps at my first trial, hoping it
would fix it. No luck.
* Interestingly, I get around 940Mbps when I initiate the bwctl test *from* a
Dell node *to* the LIVA X box. But the other direction still gives me around
550Mbps.
* One thing I noticed is that:
- When I initiate the test from the Dell node, it opens an ephemeral port
(e.g., 45250) on the dell node.
- local LIVAXBOX port 5593 connected with DELL port 45240
- From LIVAX box to Dell server is:
- local DELL port 5220 connected with LIVAXBOX port 5220

Thanks,
Joon