perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] looking for guidance configuring multiple MaDDash dashboards and grids

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] looking for guidance configuring multiple MaDDash dashboards and grids

  • From: "Andrew Lake" <>
  • To: "Christopher J. Tengi" <>
  • Cc: "perfsonar-user" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] looking for guidance configuring multiple MaDDash dashboards and grids
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 11:13:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

It sounds like you found most of your own answers :) Yes you can manually add tests to maddash.yaml and the mesh will preserve them. Also, adding mutiple mesh blocks to gui_agent_configuration.conf is the correct way to point at multiple meshes. For the short to medium term tests it all depends on personal preference as to whether you put them in a mesh config or do them by hand. Some advantages of doing a meshconfig might be that you can also point the testers at them and have them pick-up the tests. It will also be easier to remove them since you won’t have to pick through the maddash.yaml file and delete stuff. Generally I only add meshes by hand if I am trying to do something with MaDDash that the MeshConfig doesn’t support (e.g. using a check other than the standard bwctl and owamp one, setting up a really sparse test topology). That’s just a personal rule of thumb and you can add whatever you want in there.

Also, https://github.com/esnet/esnet-perfsonar-mesh is an excellent example of mixing multiple meshconfigs and manually defined dashboards.We kept it public so people could see it as an example for cases like this, so glad you found it. Feel free to use the config examples or scripts from that repo to help, but they are certainly not required to do what you want.

Hope that helps,
Andy