perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Perfsonar-ps on OpenWrt

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Perfsonar-ps on OpenWrt

  • From: Daniel Doyle <>
  • To: Roshan <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Perfsonar-ps on OpenWrt
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 08:48:33 -0500

Hi Roshan,

PerfSONAR as of 3.5 officially supports Debian7, Ubuntu 12, Ubuntu 14, and
CentOS6. Efforts are scheduled already to investigate Debian 8 and CentOS7 as
well.

I'm not familiar with OpenWRT, but based on some quick reading it looks like
it is mostly for embedded devices. As a result you might need to manually
compile some things such as the bwctl code, and package management might need
to be handled manually. You could certainly give it a run and let us know how
it works, or others might chime in here on the list if they already have.

Thanks,
-Dan

> On Dec 8, 2015, at 7:50 AM, Roshan
> <>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to install perfsonar-toolkit on OpenWrt? I have number of
> nodes in our testbed in which they run OpenWrt.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roshan.

Dan Doyle
GlobalNOC Software Developer