perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] MADDASH fails with Nagios check

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] MADDASH fails with Nagios check

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan (RRZE)" <>
  • To: Andrew Lake <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] MADDASH fails with Nagios check
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 15:30:14 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, de-DE, en-US

Hi Andy,

Here is an instance of MADDASH, that operates well with OWAMP tests, but BWCTL is giving me a headache.

http://test-psmdsh-gn.geant.net/maddash-webui/details.cgi?uri=/maddash/grids/GEANT+Mesh+-+GN+IPv4+Throughput+internal+testing/psmp-gn-bw-01-ams-nl.geant.net/psmp-gn-bw-01-bud-hu.geant.net/Throughput

If I run the command on the CLI with the parameters  substituted I get a valid result: PS_CHECK_THROUGHPUT OK

But, as it can be seen, the result on the MADDASH states UNKNOWN

I have also restarted the service and have Re-scheduled the checks. I have done that once for the Amsterdam column, but also have done it for all Rows and Columns.

Nevertheless the result remains with status UNKNOWN.

Please give a hint on how to debug this case.

Best regards,

Ivan