perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Sending data to Measurement Archive

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Sending data to Measurement Archive

  • From: "Andrew Lake" <>
  • To: "Pedro Reis" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Sending data to Measurement Archive
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:08:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Pedro,

You need to copy and paste all the summaries to the new blockif you add an additional MA.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Pedro Reis <> wrote:

Hello Andrew,

Yap, I think it fixed it! ;) Thx
I'll keep monitoring the log file to see if any other errors appear.
But then maybe would be good to update the documentation at
http://docs.perfsonar.net/multi_ma_install.html#configuring-measurement-hosts

Although I have another question regarding adding a Central MA.
In the doc says: "You may register to multiple measurement archives by
adding multiple measurement_archive blocks to the regular testing
configuration file of the same type."

Now my question is, if I want to add another "type esmond/latency"
block for the central MA do I have to specify all the summary blocks
similar to how the localhost has or can I add a simple block like the
following and it will assume the same summaries that where specified for
the localhost?

<measurement_archive>
database https://<hosts_fqdn>/esmond/perfsonar/archive/
password <removed>
type esmond/latency
username perfsonar
</measurement_archive>

Com meus melhores cumprimentos | Best Regards
Pedro Reis
Área de Serviços de Rede | Network Services Area
FCT|FCCN
Av. do Brasil, n.º 101
1700-066 Lisboa - Portugal
Telefone|Phone +351 218 440 100; Fax +351 218 472 167
www.fccn.pt