perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Select closest NTP servers by default

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Select closest NTP servers by default

  • From: Michael Johnson <>
  • To: Andreas Haupt <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Select closest NTP servers by default
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 10:13:50 -0400

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 04:11:25PM +0200, Andreas Haupt wrote:
Does it mean, as soon as we remove these pool servers from this
file, /etc/ntp.conf remains untouched on updates?

Yes, the script is specifically looking for the word 'pool' and will replace
the ntp config if it finds it. So I think you also need to make sure no
comments include 'pool'.

- Michael

--
Michael Johnson