perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Level 2 Upgrade

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Level 2 Upgrade

  • From: "Andrew Lake" <>
  • To: "Pedro Reis" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Level 2 Upgrade
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 11:19:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Pedro,

The packages installed by the Level2 installation (bwctl, owamp, regular testing, etc) will alll update if you do a “yum update”. The Level2 install is essentially the new “TestPoint” bundle. You may install perl-perfSONAR-TestPoint bundle if you so desire but there is no requirement to do so. Both the “Level2” and “TestPoint” are really just meta packages with dependencies on packages that actually do stuff. Hopefully that’s clear.