perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Changing PerfSonar boxen IP addresses (different subnet)

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Changing PerfSonar boxen IP addresses (different subnet)

  • From: Shawn McKee <>
  • To:
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Changing PerfSonar boxen IP addresses (different subnet)
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 10:11:39 -0400

Hi Winnie,

As long are you are changing just the IP (and keeping the FQDN the same) you should just have to re-address the box as you noted in the "OS POV".

The /opt/perfsonar_ps/regular_testing/etc/regular_testing.conf will contain the IP address but as long as you are using the mesh configuration, the next time the generate_configuration runs after you make the DNS change, it should write the "new" IP into place.

The perfSONAR nodes store measurement results by IP address.  After you change the IP address, you will be unable to see the OLD measurements when you use the FQDN.  You could still find them by specifying the IP though.

Thanks to Andy Lake for providing the details above.

Let me know if you have further questions or hit problems in making this IP change.

Shawn