perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar Best Practices

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar Best Practices

  • From: Humberto Galiza <>
  • To: "Manglos, Andrew P (173E)" <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar Best Practices
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 11:50:29 -0300 (BRT)

Hi Andrew,

I think that probably you already have seen this, but there are architectural monitoring use cases examples available on perfSonar website:
http://www.perfsonar.net/deploy/deployment-use-cases/

Here we are using the Dual Homed interface (as you want) and we've chosen it because we wouldn't like to experience interferences between OWAMP and BWCTL tests. I think this is the best approach, but perhaps the more experienced users on this list could give us their feedback about that.

We've deployed a mesh config here, with 6 pS spread across Americas, and it's been working very well. We also deployed Maddash to see the results.

I think that there's no best solution, but the solution that fit your needs. I can share more details of our mesh config with you in private if you want, but basically we just followed the steps described in pS docs.

Thanks,