perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Different MTU sizes in hosts

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Different MTU sizes in hosts

  • From: Alex Moura <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Cc: Matthew J Zekauskas <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Different MTU sizes in hosts
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 16:41:37 -0300

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply, which confirms what we thought about how it should work, regarding the TCP negotiation of the lower MSS for transmission.

On a side note, if there is a need to customize individual TCP test parameters, we have developed a web UI that allows the creation of templates for test measurements and this should help set the adequate parameters for tests for each host. The scheduling feature can select the template for the kind of test for individual hosts like the example of a test in the 10G -> 1G direction (screenshots in attachment for more details).

Regards,
Alex