perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Disk space required for perfSONAR measurement archive

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Disk space required for perfSONAR measurement archive

  • From: Frank Wein <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Disk space required for perfSONAR measurement archive
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13:27:19 +0200

Hi all,
someone happens to know what amount of disk space a perfSONAR measurement archive requires daily for storing data from let's say one BWCTL test with standard settings (every six hours) and one contentious OWAMP measurement (with 20 packets/s)? Or is it too difficult to give a number on this because it's a database with it's own internal structure and data management? Basically I wonder how much disk space a full-mesh measurement network would take, so I also take numbers for that one (include the number of hosts in the measurement network).

Best regards,
Frank