perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] ICMP_Service::init - No address available for service

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] ICMP_Service::init - No address available for service

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan (RRZE)" <>
  • To: Andrew Lake <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] ICMP_Service::init - No address available for service
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 13:32:19 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, de-DE, en-US

Hi Andy,

Yes it does!

Best regards,

Ivan

From: Andrew Lake [mailto:]
Sent: Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2015 15:09
To: Garnizov, Ivan (RRZE)
Cc: perfsonar-user

Hi,

It means it can’t figure out an address for your traceroute and/or ping service. It could be a number of reasons related to your configuration. You might want to check if you gave the service a bad “primary_interface” name (as in you gave it the name of an interface that does not exist on your host or does not have an address assigned to it) as I would suspect that would be a common cause. Another cause might be if the interface chosen only has  private addresses and you don’t have the allow_internal_addresses set in your file.

Hope tha helps,

Andy