perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] ICMP_Service::init - No address available for service

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] ICMP_Service::init - No address available for service

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan (RRZE)" <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] ICMP_Service::init - No address available for service
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 12:47:19 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, de-DE, en-US

Dear perfSONAR developers,

I am unable to understand this error, which prevents the successful initialization of the ls_registration  daemon.

I have this in my logs:

ICMP_Service::init - No address available for service

What should be the reasons for address being unavailable and is there a way to get more details on the attempts for extracting that address?

Other services on the box successfully restart and my pS toolkit version is 3.4.1 and I have a bunch of other 3.4.1 which do not experience this issue.

Best regards,

Ivan