perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Very high cpu on one of our perfsonar boxes

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Very high cpu on one of our perfsonar boxes

  • From: Daniel Doyle <>
  • To: "Pennington, Michael" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Very high cpu on one of our perfsonar boxes
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 15:01:15 -0400

Mike,

Just judging on that picture's output it looks like you might have a whole lot of tests going to that one box. If you don't use the log analysis view on the toolkit, you can shut off the cron script that generates those files. If you tend to have lots of tests, even ad hoc ones, this process can be pretty long and expensive. It's located in /etc/cron.hourly/logscraper.cron and I believe you would have to remove the file to disable it. There is already an issue in the tracker to make this process more efficient / intelligent.

There may be other things going on, but you could start with that and see how far it gets you.

-Dan