perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Very high cpu on one of our perfsonar boxes

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Very high cpu on one of our perfsonar boxes

  • From: "Pennington, Michael" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Very high cpu on one of our perfsonar boxes
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 17:50:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi all –

As I was checking our perfsonar boxes for something, I noticed one of them was acting very very sluggish.  I reloaded the box and the same issues occurred.  I then logged in and did a “top” command and it’s showing CPU at about 80% steady.  My other box, exactly the same just at a different location (it does have some different hosts it tests with), only shows about 6% CPU.

Here is a screenshot from the problem box:

Any ideas what to do to get CPU back down to normal?

Thanks

Mike

Mike Pennington

Network Engineer