perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Package conflict with Python27-mod_wsgi

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Package conflict with Python27-mod_wsgi

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: Philip Papadopoulos <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Package conflict with Python27-mod_wsgi
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 11:26:22 +0100

W dniu 2015-02-15 o 22:45, Philip Papadopoulos pisze:
The current packaging of perfSONAR introduces a package conflict
specifically,
Those two rpms conflict with each other.

The first one is supplied by perfSONAR the latter is the system package for use with the system-supplied python (2.6.6 on CentOS 6.6)

Both packages lay claim to
/etc/httpd/conf.d/wsgi.conf
/usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_wsgi.so

This conflict makes it impossible to install other software that uses mod_wsgi and system Python. Notably, the globus-connect-server has this issue.

The different versions of the mod_wsgi.so are not compatible with each other. PerfSONAR should really put this library in a different location and then have all PS packages that need to use it (e.g. esmond, preload that library path).

Hi Philip,

Thank you for reporting. I added this issue to our issue tracker:
https://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/issues/detail?id=1076

Szymon Trocha

Poznań Supercomputing & Netw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. +48 618582022 ::: http://noc.man.poznan.pl