perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Error running swamp test

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Error running swamp test

  • From: Gaetano Vocca <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Error running swamp test
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 01:11:15 +0100

Dear all,
while performing some tests with the latest sources ow bwctl and owamp available under the perfsonar git tree, I stepped into this error:

[root@centosvm perfsonar-ps.bwctl]# bwping -T owamp -c ps-eps.nts.wustl.edu
bwping: Using tool: owamp
bwping: 20 seconds until test results available

SENDER START
bwctld[35878]: FILE=owamp.c, LINE=325, execvp(owping): No such file or directory
bwctl: local tool exited before expected with status=2

SENDER END

I compiled and installed the executables by means of the bootstrap/configure/make/make install chain with default values therefore bwctl, owping, etc were placed under /usr/local/bin.
I also properly configured bwctld.conf with the right tool paths but it seems that owping cannot be found. Please also consider that tests run with iperf3 are executed regularly.
The only way I have to run the owamp tests is to create a symlink from /usr/local/bin/owping to /usr/bin/owping.

Thank you
Gaetano

  • [perfsonar-user] Error running swamp test, Gaetano Vocca, 02/14/2015