perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] A few mesh config questions

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] A few mesh config questions

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: Ty Bell <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] A few mesh config questions
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 13:28:14 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hey Ty,

To have the bwctl tests use iperf3, you can use the “tool” test parameter to
set it to whatever. For bwping/owamp, the mesh configuration theoretically
supports an “interval” option, but the current regular testing generator
doesn’t support it. In the interim, if you add “force_bwctl_owamp 1” to
the agent_configuration.conf, it’ll generate a “streaming” version of
bwping/owamp.

The esmond bits aren’t supported currently because of password-based
authentication limitations (i.e. to have the mesh configuration generate the
regular_testing.conf, you’d need to include the password in the mesh config
which would be … problematic). Currently, we suggest manually configuring
those bits in the regular_testing.conf e.g.
https://perfsonar-ps.googlecode.com/git/perfSONAR_PS-Toolkit/etc/default_service_configs/regular_testing.conf
is our default configuration for the Toolkit, and we fill in the API key as
needed.

Cheers,
Aaron