perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Addimg tests from a script

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Addimg tests from a script

  • From: "David A. J. Ripley" <>
  • To: Alan Whinery <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Addimg tests from a script
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 13:00:04 -0500

This doesn't *quite* answer your question, but for some of our use cases
where there are a relatively large number of test points and a
well-structured test scheme, we generate the configuration programmatically,
using a script that encapsulates the desired test rules, and takes as its
input the list of test points. So when we add a node, we run the script, and
out pops an entire new configuration. Obviously, this approach won't work
well if you're going to have per-node schedules. The point I'm trying to make
is that scripting deltas in the conf may be harder than just defining your
test plans logic in a script and generating a new config when you need to.

D.

--
David A. J. Ripley
Indiana University GlobalNOC.